Re-hosting the world after the first host leaves

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

vxsz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re-hosting the world after the first host leaves

Post by vxsz »

TL;DR
Add a quick world/save re-hosting button, like beside the "save game", for co-op players when the main host leaves

What ?
Re-hosting the world after the main host leaves so that other players (or admins at least) can immediately re-host using a button beside the "save game" when the main host leaves or quits, it simply takes the save and starts a server on your machine and even pops a menu like as like you are starting a server (server settings and such), this could be an option to the main host (like the server-only saves option) where it can be enabled or disabled, and you can save a "preset" (or like "remember my choice" next time I click that you can edit later from settings) so you can re-host in 1-click
Why ?
So me and my friend have a very "inconstant" time playing together and sometimes he goes too early (like playing for only 6 hours) and I would like to play for a few hours more and work on the factory, or when he needs to go do something and needs to stop the server/game, it gives you the option to do a quick re-host, I think it's much better than: saving --> going to main menu --> and then doing all the hosting stuff --> starting the save, this could be done much faster and smoother for co-op players, as small as it may seem, having an option like that will clear up so much time and desirability for me to continue play solo (like finishing up that one thing), this might be a lazy thing :D but the convenient is just so much better and I bet that players that need this feature will use it all the time else they will stop playing until the co-op party/ies come, and I think will be a bigger thing if the server has way more players (like 3 admins and 8 players)

of course this is not including headless servers (since that's mostly non-issue for those, sepcially since they are mostly hosted on proper severs), I'm talking servers hosted using the main host's game quickly

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”