Better copying of BPs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pontiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Better copying of BPs

Post by Pontiac »

TL;DR
Add a hot-key to toggle the behaviour of copying BPs from the manager to the player.
What ?
Allow for easier copying of BPs from the manager to the players inventory. I'm always moving BPs from the shared repository to my game, then find out in new games that my BPs in my shared repository is gone
because I'm that observant....
The function to be added is when a user holds SHIFT or CTRL (The modifier) on a BP in the manager, the BP is copied when PLACED into the players inventory.

This should be a three-way option. (This is from the perspective to what happens when you DO use the modifier key)
Option Title: "Modifier Key Action in Blueprint Manager"
- [Disabled] (Default Behaviour) No behaviour change. Pressing the modifier keys and doing something to the BP in the manager doesn't do anything.
- [Copy] When the modifier key is used, the BP/Book is copied. When the modifier is not used, the BP is moved from the manager to the destination inventory.
- [Move] When the modifier key is used, the BP/Book is moved. When the modifier is not used, the BP is copied from the manager to the destination inventory.

So in other words, if the COPY option is selected, when in the manager, if I take a BP and drag it to my inventory, the BP is removed from the manager and put into my inventory because I did not hold the modifier key. If I did press the modifier key when I picked up the BP from the manager, when I place the BP into my inventory, the BP is copied keeping the manager unchanged.

If the MOVE option is selected, when in the manager, if I take the BP and drag it to my inventory, the BP is copied into my inventory. If I press the modifier key, the BP is removed from the manager.

If the DISABLED option is selected, the BP is always removed from the manager and put into the destination inventory.
Why ?
I have saved games going back to 0.12. Obviously I'd have to go back to earlier game instances to get my BPs (If that was a thing? I can't remember) to bring them up to standards today. I'd have to get into the older versions of the game to copy out the BPs or read the saved game data itself to yank them out. But going forward with 1.0 to 1.1 and the future, I'd like to NOT have the option to lose old BPs and my having to rework them. This just saves me from being an I-D-TEN-T and "delete" older blueprints.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”