Favorite/bookmark mods?

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mspreij
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Favorite/bookmark mods?

Post by mspreij »

Hi all, this is my first post and I couldn't find a better board so I hope this is ok.. o.o

I think it'd be nice to have a "favorite/star this mod" button type of thing in the mod portal. Sometimes I'm just browsing and finding things I like in the browser, but it's a hassle to download them immediately but not enable them in the game. It'd be nice if one could just star them for the time.
Bonus points for integration with the game mod interface of course :-D

Cheers!

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Favorite/bookmark mods?

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

You could bookmark the actual mod portal page in your browser.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm, yeah, it would be a nice feature if the devs have nothing to do. 8-)

I just open a tab with that mod to remind me. It’s a mess. But Chrome has now a nice new feature to group tabs which enables me to open even more. :)

Btw, we can make a small challenge for all: How many tabs do you have currently open?

I have 43. One more than needed to answer the question about the universe etc.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

ssilk wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:46 am

I just open a tab with that mod to remind me. It’s a mess. But Chrome has now a nice new feature to group tabs which enables me to open even more. :)
Sounds like the feature we used to have in Iceweasel (a now-obsolete fork of Firefox); unfortunately, tab groups aren't a thing anymore in Firefox.
Btw, we can make a small challenge for all: How many tabs do you have currently open?

If I didn't make a mistake while counting, there are 103 tabs in my current window -- a lot of them should be closed. But I also have 8 windows open in total, all with at least some, several with many tabs open. And no, I won't count them all! :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

Pi-C wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am
ssilk wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:46 am

Sounds like the feature we used to have in Iceweasel (a now-obsolete fork of Firefox); unfortunately, tab groups aren't a thing anymore in Firefox.
There's at least one addon that replicates tab groups very similar to how they were in vanilla firefox once.

If I didn't make a mistake while counting, there are 103 tabs in my current window -- a lot of them should be closed. But I also have 8 windows open in total, all with at least some, several with many tabs open. And no, I won't count them all! :-D
About a hundred sounds right, all in one window, but using said addon.

Regarding the actual topic: I simply open more tabs, 'cause why bother with bookmarks when you can use tabs?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Nidan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:19 pm
'cause why bother with bookmarks when you can use tabs?
Cos tabs are messy and cause significant slowdown if you have too many open (even if they're supposedly not loaded). I regularly have to close a few hundred to make the fox fast again. TreeStyleTab
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Nidan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:19 pm
Pi-C wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am
There's at least one addon that replicates tab groups very similar to how they were in vanilla firefox once.
It's a long time since your post, but anyway: I'm using this add-on now, and I'm quite happy with it. Thanks for pointing it out! :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”