Combinator Grouping / Naming

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Krid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krid »

Debugging / Sharing / Discussion on Combinators is difficult.

What ?
All Combinators connected to the same Wire(s) could share a naming scheme like the train stations.
- Train like Color Option for Grouping Purpose[adding a palette Picker even for trains would be appreciated]. The current shadowed middle part between red and green connectors could be a constant light emitting the set color.
- Names List like Trainstations (unique for Local network + supported from blueprints)
- Enhanced Tooltip info: show which colour cable is inputting and on which cable the output is going. Additional help to identify the connected cables, when space is mlimited the debugging which cable is going where is difficult.
FactorioTooltipMock.jpg
FactorioTooltipMock.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 843 times
- perhaps a view with named outlines for tutorials (enhanced alt mode?). This would make discussions easier.
FactorioCombinatorMock.jpg
FactorioCombinatorMock.jpg (538.75 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Optional:
- Supporting Read and write like on a filter inserter could be possible by assign green or red to one of the functions (2 radio Buttons could have a color for each)
[Edit: i was told i mixed blue and green in this picture ... the blue one should ber a green wire]
FactorioFilterMock.png
FactorioFilterMock.png (230.17 KiB) Viewed 843 times
- Red and green wires in editor mode ....
Why ?
I have trouble to understand what i did there after 2 weeks absence from my own design let alone others. Communicationg with other about Designs with Blueprints is not easy in most cases to the blueprint we need pictures like mine in this post ...
Related to
Improve Basic Circuit Overview

Thanks Kridselot

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Combinator Grouping / Naming

Post by ssilk »

To be honest, I never ever looked at the name of the network/combinator...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”