Dynamic Zoom

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Dynamic Zoom

Post by conn11 »

TL;DR
Zoom out from default view to map associated features could be beneficial placing bigger blueprints without the necessity to switch to the map. Should be toggleable.

What ?
Permit zooming out from default view to radar and map view. This option should be toggleable and turned off by default.
Why ?
Getting a bigger overview is practical. Especially with the ability to place blueprints from map view, it would be practical to zoom out without the need to switch to map view.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Dynamic Zoom

Post by ptx0 »

conn11 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:54 pm
TL;DR
Zoom out from default view to map associated features could be beneficial placing bigger blueprints without the necessity to switch to the map. Should be toggleable.

What ?
Permit zooming out from default view to radar and map view. This option should be toggleable and turned off by default.
Why ?
Getting a bigger overview is practical. Especially with the ability to place blueprints from map view, it would be practical to zoom out without the need to switch to map view.
i use the Infinizoom mod which allows zooming much further and can be bound to its own key shortcut.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

And I doubt this will come to vanilla, because with weaker computers (especially graphic card), a bigger zoom out is a possible issue, which cannot be fixed.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

ssilk wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 am
And I doubt this will come to vanilla, because with weaker computers (especially graphic card), a bigger zoom out is a possible issue, which cannot be fixed.
This point I would argue. I suggeted switiching from max. zoomed out to radar view or, if insufficient radar covarage, map view. This wouldn't stress weaker GPUs more than Vanilla, because it would basically be the same. The only change is skipping switiching manually to map view. IMO beneficial for placing bigger BPs.

As modded workaround ptx0 suggestion should be adequate.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

conn11 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:56 am
As modded workaround ptx0 suggestion should be adequate.
and for vanilla this exists in /editor basically

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”