End game construction bot updates

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonCurnow
Inserter
Inserter

End game construction bot updates

Post by JasonCurnow »

I'm working on a massive train-based megabase using the "city block" concept. Each block is 4x4 chunks and it's looking like I'm going to need a grid of ~20X20 to make it all work. To top it all off, I'm trying to use solar to keep the UPS down. I really enjoy the planning and building, but when you get to do things at this scale, the prep work is simply tedious and incredibly boring. Clearing trees, placing landfill in big lakes along the way, etc. is messy. Yeah, you can drop roboports to do landfill, but they take forever and you have to have stone nearby or ship it in from somewhere and I don't want to cheat and use console commands.

It would be great to find some way to get rid of this tedium for very advanced worlds. Possible ideas..
  • An improved construction-only roboport with a massive range - i.e. 10x the current roboport.
  • An advanced, roboport-independant construction robot which is tasked with a single action - i.e. go clear all trees or landfill all water in a 200x200 radius.
  • A construction robotport version of the spidertron that can be given a route and sent out to clear and landfill
Make anything you do very, very expensive to produce and only available after, say 100 rocket launches or something. It shouldn't be easy and should only be achievable when you have reached a very mature state.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: End game construction bot updates

Post by jodokus31 »

Sorry, for effortless reply...
Did you try spidy?
Or add some mods ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”