Enable achievement popups during cutscenes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Enable achievement popups during cutscenes

Post by asher_sky »

TL;DR
Allow achievement popups and sound to be shown/played while player is in a cutscene.

What ?
Currently if a player is in a cutscene, achievements can still be unlocked but players will not see the popup and the sound will not play. I suggest that newly unlocked achievement popups are shown to players who are in cutscenes.
Why ?
Unlocking an achievement is a special occasion, and I think the player should get the satisfaction of seeing the popup and hearing the sound even if they are in a cutscene, since they is no other way for them to know it was unlocked besides going to the achievement viewer GUI and checking manually once the cutscene is over. The popup is relatively unobtrusive and will vanish on its own, unlike the tips and tricks popups (which are shown during cutscenes but do not vanish, and are not intractable while player is in cutscene).

alexanderpas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Enable achievement popups during cutscenes

Post by alexanderpas »

IMHO, the popup should be delayed unti after the cutscene.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

How does this happen? What cutscenes are there, once the game is started?

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Post by asher_sky »

Kyralessa wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 pm
How does this happen? What cutscenes are there, once the game is started?
vanilla doesn't have any except the crash-site cutscene in the beginning, but mods can add cutscenes like my "trainsaver" mod- it uses cutscenes targeting various trains to create a "screensaver". I'd like to add achievements to it for various things (like if your character gets run over by the train your camera is following), but I can't right now because there is no notification that an achievement has been unlocked.

edit: I realized I probably should have posted in the modding interface requests board, so I made a post there since I could not figure out how to move this thread :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

asher_sky wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:49 pm
edit: I realized I probably should have posted in the modding interface requests board, so I made a post there since I could not figure out how to move this thread :)
makes moderator :D
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”