Consistent "No stops with that name" message

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Consistent "No stops with that name" message

Post by keyboardhack »

When a train schedule has a station in it that doesn't exist, the game can show it in three different ways to the user.
I think it makes more sense if the message(and error symbol) was consistent instead of depending on train state or which window you are looking at.

By error symbol i am refering to this symbol.
no_station_symbol.png
no_station_symbol.png (767 Bytes) Viewed 687 times

When a train is in manual, the game correctly tells the player that the station doesn't exist.
manual_no_station.png
manual_no_station.png (35.66 KiB) Viewed 687 times

When the train is in automatic mode and the missing station isn't the next station, it correctly explains that the station doesn't exist(station "test 2" in the image below).
But when the train is in automatic mode, and the next station is the station that doesn't exist, It instead reports that the station isn't accessible from the current position.
That the station is inaccessible assumes that the station exist, but that's not the case here.
The new message is misleading and it's not obvious what the problem is.
automatic_no_station.png
automatic_no_station.png (42.23 KiB) Viewed 687 times

When looking at the train in the train overview The message and symbol is again changed.
train_overview_no_station.png
train_overview_no_station.png (18.03 KiB) Viewed 687 times

I think it will be easier to understand and spot this issue if the message and error symbol is consistently used in the shown cases.
Waste of bytes : P

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”