Paste filtered inventory on to requester interface.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Paste filtered inventory on to requester interface.

Post by Glockshna »

Hello, the idea is pretty straight forward and is most useful in modded play, so if it isn't a priority I would understand.

When building an "engineering" train, I generally filter each slot in the train car to a specific item then set up requester chests to refill the train. Some mods allow you to customize an inserter pickup/drop points making loading an entire train from one chest possible, and others provide larger logistics chests. In either case, it would be nice to be able to copy a train car, and the quantity of each item filtered on the train car, and then paste that onto a requester chest thereby setting the requests to match the capacity of the train car.

I'm hoping it wouldn't be too bad to implement since there are already a great many cases where this works. (Assemblers to requesters, for example)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Paste filtered inventory on to requester interface.

Post by ssilk »

Ok, when I understand you right, this should work like so: I setup a wagon filter for 10 slots of stone and 10 slots of iron ore. The rest is off by stack limitation.

Then I copy the wagon to a requester chest: the chest requests then 500 stone and 500 iron.

The bots begin to fill that chest. Now I connect that to the wagon with an inserter.

After a very long while the wagon contains 495 stone and 241 iron. The inserter picks up 8 more stone. It puts five into the wagon and waits then with the remaining 3 in hand.

What now?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

That would be an issue if the filters on the chest were set manually too, so that's nothing new with pasting, therefore not really a valid argument against allowing pasting.

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bormand »

ssilk wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:41 am
What now?
You can copy-paste wagon settings onto a row of requester chests, for example. And then remove unnecessary requests from them. It would be a bit faster than setting all requests manually.

P.S. Or you may want to copy train settings into the combinator that controls precise loading circuit. So, even if this suggestion wouldn't work as is, it opens many interesting possibilities.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

bormand wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 am
ssilk wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:41 am
What now?
You can copy-paste wagon settings onto a row of requester chests, for example. And then remove unnecessary requests from them. It would be a bit faster than setting all requests manually.
I’m not that fast, the bots will bring the stuff before I can delete the unnecessary requests. :)

Not that I would be completely against this suggestion. I just think, it’s not thought completely through. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bormand »

ssilk wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
I’m not that fast, the bots will bring the stuff before I can delete the unnecessary requests.
Well, it's not hard to remove that stuff once. And it's easy to design such a blueprint in a no-bots area.
ssilk wrote:
I just think, it’s not thought completely through.
That's what we are doing here? ;)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

bormand wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:41 am
ssilk wrote:
I’m not that fast, the bots will bring the stuff before I can delete the unnecessary requests.
Well, it's not hard to remove that stuff once. And it's easy to design such a blueprint in a no-bots area.
Ok, I’ve created 12 chests, pasted the contents 12 times (2000 copper, 2000 iron). I changed all 12 chests so, that there are now 6 chests for copper and 6 for iron. Still there are requests for 12000 copper and the same for iron.
I need now to change that numbers.

It would be much faster to create a chests with requests for 350 iron and one with 350 copper, and paste that to 5 other chests respectively.

ssilk wrote:
I just think, it’s not thought completely through.
That's what we are doing here? ;)
:) that’s not possible, but we should try hard. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”