Settings - Controls - Search bindings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kubiix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Settings - Controls - Search bindings

Post by kubiix »

In the Settings window for controls, there is already search box, which filters the commands by name.
If many mods are installed number of shortcuts can easily grow
So it would be useful to search commands by assigned binding.

With this implemented I would be able to:

- Find commands which interferre
- Check if binding is free (default)
- Find what specific binding does (default)
- Find all usages of key / button in bindings (ex. with selected F key, all modifier combinations with F) (extra on/off option include modifiers)
- Find commands without assigned binding
- Find commnads original binding changed to something else (extra on/off option)

Now, for all cases, you must crawl through all commands, which take so much time, and the last one connot be done.

Another small tweak would be to highlight those bindings, which are changed from default and the dafeult value could be in the tooltip with info about RMB click to clear

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Settings - Controls - Search bindings

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Please note that you can already search for specific key binds. For example try "Shift + R". Capitalisation doesn't matter but it is essential to include the spaces. I agree that this is not very helpful if you are searching for things like "W" since quite a lot of useless junk will appear as well.

As a reference: 68304. But I think this request goes a little bit further and is not fully implemented.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”