New setting for text size control

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

New setting for text size control

Post by Taneeda »

What ?
New interface setting to control the text size independent from UI scale.
Why ?
My eyes aren't the best anymore so it sometimes hard for me to read those small characters, especially in the evening when I am tired. In general, I prefer a smaller interface (100% at Full-HD) but with slightly increased text-size (as with ui 125% ui scale setting).
Shit happens, don't worry, keep happy

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New setting for text size control

Post by Taneeda »

Please, please, please, my eyes are hurting ;)
Last edited by Taneeda on Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

It would wreck almost every GUI layout in the game if labels and headings could be scaled independently of everything else. For mods, making GUIs is enough of a pain in the arse as it is without having to confront the spectre of literally every element morphing in relative shape and size on the whims of some random punter.

You have a UI size setting. Use it. I also don't have great vision and back when I only had an HD monitor I always used 125%.

Otherwise, if you are going to spend a lot of time gaming then you owe it to yourself to play on appropriate gaming equipment. Get a bigger monitor.

Also - and I appreciate this might seem like madness - if your eyes hurt, stop playing games.

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taneeda »

In general you are right. I have gaming equipment and a 27" monitor with full HD.

As a software engineer, I know about the amount of work it would takes to adjust this, I don't expect this to come, I just wanted to make a suggestion, because it seems just senseful to me.

I just don't like the big UI at 125% scaling setting, so I thought there could be others. It is ok if you not agree :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”