wireless circuit net after sattelite launch

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

wireless circuit net after sattelite launch

Post by oleg4f »

Hi.

I don't understand why we don't get sattelite net after a sattelite launch :-)? I spent a lot of time and resources for this f#cking rocket & sattelite :-D. I launched it into the orbit, but... What? I forgot to insert a transmitter/receiver to this sattelite :-)?

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: wireless circuit net after sattelite launch

Post by oleg4f »

From such amount of blue PU that i spent on sattelite possible to build whole datacenter, not 1 receiver/transmitter :-D.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You get Internet by satellite. Unfortunately, as there is no Internet infrastructure and nobody to communicate with, you're all alone on your network.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by oleg4f »

Koub wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 pm
You get Internet by satellite. Unfortunately, as there is no Internet infrastructure and nobody to communicate with, you're all alone on your network.
No problem. I need not another people in my net :-D, but i want use it to communicate with my circuit net devices without red/green wires.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Some satellites are launched for science, other for telecommunication !

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-signal-transmission

This manufacturer provide with good services for communication :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I still like this one
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/shortwave
Need to update it myself and is broken, when you use it in blueprints.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by oleg4f »

Guys, mods are not what i'm talking about :-). I'm talking about late-game gameplay, if you understand me ;-).
The game isn't end on rockeet launch. We get 1k space science packs and possibility of infinite upgrades. So, the sat net can be one of such things.
For example, after each rocket with sat launch we get 1k packs with 5 additional radio channels. We can connect a one transceiver to a one channel. In sat conf we can group channels(like VLANs in managed network switch). After this, all channels(i.e. transceivers) in a group see data from each other.

For example, we go to a one of our secondary base and place a transceiver with channel setting of 1(red or green wire is attached in the transceiver input). Then we go to a main base and place a second transceiver with channel setting of 2(red or green wire is attached in the transceiver input). Then we configure a sattelite transceiver to make a new group with channels 1 and 2. After this two circuit nets behind these transcievers will be join.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I'd also like the post-endgame to be expanded in vanilla, so that I have the choice of either having 1k space science, better radar coverage, orbital weapons, increasing wireless transmission capacity, ... at every rocket launch. But right now, we all need to rely on mods for that.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by oleg4f »

Koub wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:18 pm
I'd also like the post-endgame to be expanded in vanilla, so that I have the choice of either having 1k space science, better radar coverage, orbital weapons, increasing wireless transmission capacity, ... at every rocket launch.
+1
But right now, we all need to rely on mods for that.
That's sad.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

oleg4f wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:24 pm
That's sad.
Well it depends, if you were left with only the mods that I am able to make yes you'd be in a desolated wasteland of nothingness.

Luckily there are some amazing mods out there! https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exploration . This one was featured in a FFF, it felt already polished last time i played it and i can see it has still improved. It's from the same author as the AAI signal transmission which is recommended or even included with the space exploration one.

Some people would prefer the late game expand to a more massive factory, more/new functionality, some other wants their game to last longer and insead makes the production have 10 20 100 more intermediates steps.

Space exploration lets you travel in space, make your secondary base on other planets, in space or even in asteroid field, using the satelites system to allow communication and automation between them. Massively extanding the post rocket phase with a whole range of new things.

On the other hand other mods like Bob's, Angel's, Pyanodons, are the most well known to increase the production steps to reach the rocket phase to some extreme levels with dozens of minerals and hundred's of byproduct and waste. (even crazier when you try and combine them).

Mods are great in that they allow custom experience depending on one's preferences/vision for what the late game could be, they increase replayability because they let you play with what you think would be great !

The wireless signals are fun to use :) don't let the fact that they for are mods prevent you from using them !

oleg4f
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by oleg4f »

mmmPI wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:23 am
Luckily there are some amazing mods out there! https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-exploration .
Interesting mod. Thanks for the info!
The wireless signals are fun to use :) don't let the fact that they for are mods prevent you from using them !
:-D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”