Weapon/ammo readout position

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Weapon/ammo readout position

Post by roze »

Hello,
I noticed that after upgrading to 1.1.1, the ammo/weapon thingie has suddenly moved to the left side. I'm right handed and have played this game for a significant amount of time. I'm simply more used to and more comfortable with having it on the right side.

Please add an option to choose which side it is. I have no clue as to why you suddenly decided to move it, but it really bugs me. Also, it seems to be further away on the left than on the right.

Current, undesired by me:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1912 times
//Regards

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Weapon/ammo readout position

Post by eradicator »

+1 because i also find it less comfortable too look at now because i tend to use the right side of my screen much more. But i don't have much hope of it getting a third positional option. In case you didn't notice there's Settings -> Interface -> Visualizations -> "Tool window next to quickbar" which makes it slightly less uncomfortable.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

A dropdown for an option would be nice, maybe "Left, Center Left, Center Right, Right"?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think it is now left, because on small screens with big GUI sizes this was hidden by the alarms and reduced space for logistic inventory.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

@wube: Imo, those type of changes are bit dangerous after release. People got used to the position on the right. Esp in combat situations you want to pick up ammo and get screwed by muscle memory.

I would propose to have an option to put it back to the right, if not too much effort.
The premium solution would be to move all Controls where you want f.e to free space in the middle of wide screens etc.

AshleyUpson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AshleyUpson »

@jodokus31 dead on, exactly my thoughts too

I'd also like to point out that while the consideration for smaller screens is absolutely a fair point from a UX PoV, not all of us have small screens so don't have any issue like that
On bigger screens, the change made here is actually massive - for example, I'm running a pair of 28" 4K monitors and having to retrain to look elsewhere for stats that have always been in that place, without a choice, is kinda ... sucky...

I get I saoud like a bit of a pompous a** with that, and I'm sorry - this game really is my favourite and is by far my most played and is really the only game I recommend to friends. I'll tip my virtual fedora to the devs for everything they do!

Have a merry christmas all!

chadklatz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chadklatz »

im run on the same "issue" im struggling to place it ont he right side

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”