Individual line switch on/off in logistic requests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

prdfndr
Inserter
Inserter

Individual line switch on/off in logistic requests

Post by prdfndr »

When playing alone or in a group, we switch between different roles. Defense wall builder, fighter, outpost designer, train network architect, etc. Each role requires a different set of items, which are tedious to setup each time we switch a role. Would be nice to be able to switch each line in the logistic request on/off individually (besides switching the whole thing on/off).

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Individual line switch on/off in logistic requests

Post by Sad_Brother »

It seems you want subtabs under "logistics" tab. Because each role demand different number of the same items and you cannot have several request for the same item.
Player can setup several but only one active.
Additional level of research for each subtab?

prdfndr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by prdfndr »

Subtabs are ok as well, but I think individual line switch would have a better ergonomics for a majority of players. Although tabs have an advantage of having different amount of the same material requested in different tabs, but they have several drawbacks. It likely will not be possible to have several tabs be activated simultaneously. It may be quite tedious to set each tab individually, if the differences between roles are small (like, building assembly lines vs building chemical factory lines vs building smelters), and there are many different types of production lines (which happens extremely often in mods like Bob-Angels or Space Exploration). So, a player may want to just switch several buildings as opposed to setting the same belt/pipe/inserter/pole/combinator combination in each tab. Also, it becomes difficult to manage different tabs, if there are many of them, because a player cannot see all of them simultaneously.
Since the individual line switch solves these drawbacks, I think it would work better for how I play the game, and how I usually see people playing the game in multiplayer

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Therefore we need just to be able to save the configuration. Like blueprints.

Many suggestions about it (personal logistic, quick bar, equipment, anything a player can configure individuals):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65549 [0.17.x] Save and Load Quickbar Layouts like blueprints
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67947 [0.17] Global hotbars - Decouple hotbars from specific saves
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90930 Persistent toolbar and logistics settings Save (import/export) "preference" info between saves.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86210 logistics requests: mirror the crafting windows

... and some more...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

prdfndr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by prdfndr »

I would love to be able to save the configuration. But my suggestion compares to this like ctrl+c and ctrl+v compares to blueprints. More limited functionality, but much faster and easier access. Probably easier to program as well.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I know, but my hope is a) if the basic functionality is in, a mod can fix the rest. b) when that feature gets implemented they might also add this one.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”