Findling personal logistic requests via filter GUI / Flash Logistic Request slot when already exists

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Findling personal logistic requests via filter GUI / Flash Logistic Request slot when already exists

Post by conn11 »

TL;DR
Trying to set an already existing personal logistic request via the filter GUI, should highlight it like the search function dose.
What ?
With the update to personal logistics, personal logistic requests can become quite numerous. Since they are not sorted and not easily rearranged, finding a specific request can become challenging. Mostly the text-based search function takes care of that.

But a player can, wrongly, assume not having set a request for a specific item (e.g. Rail stop) and trying to set a new filter. In the filter GUI he is only notified about the existence of the logistic request for Rail stop, without further information. So he has to search for it anyways.
I propose to change that behaviour of the Filter GUI such, to also highlight this request or even jump directly to the request setting GUI.
Why ?
Mainly QoL. Getting only a notification about already existing requests is nice, but I have to search for it none the less. IMO that is an unnecessary step.
Furthermore, mods can introduce tons of new items, which can make memorizing all names rather difficult. Being able to highlight already existing requests or enter the request setting GUI via the filter GUI could provide an alternative pathway to the text-based search function, which utilizes the grouped and sorted items in the Filter GUI.
Last edited by ssilk on Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Findling personal logistic requests via filter GUI

Post by Sad_Brother »

Or just directly open existing request on attempt to create new.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Sad_Brother wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:36 am
Or just directly open existing request on attempt to create new.
That is what he means by “jump to the settings gui”
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I’m sure this has already been suggested, but couldn’t find it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

danbopes
Inserter
Inserter

QOL Change: Flash Logistic Request slot when already exists

Post by danbopes »

When clicking on an item in your inventory, and then click on one of the logistic slots, you get a message similar to "Iron gear wheel is already requested in a different slot". When facing a large number of requests, they can get a little cluttered, so flashing the actual iron gear wheel slot wherever it is, will make finding it 1000x easier.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Findling personal logistic requests via filter GUI / Flash Logistic Request slot when already exists

Post by ssilk »

merged with existing topic
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

YoloSwag4Lyfe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Instead of an error message when making a logistic request that already exists, should auto-edit existing request

Post by YoloSwag4Lyfe »

I haven't used a traditional forum in a while so I couldn't figure out how to spoiler mark the pictures, sorry they're so big
TL;DR
You get the error message "Request for this item already exists" but a more user-friendly solution is to seamlessly allow editing the existing request since you were already looking for that item.

What ?
When a crafting recipe already has a logistic request, it is shaded red with the tooltip "Request for this item already exists." Clicking it gives the same error popup.
what we have
Instead, clicking the shaded red item should open up the existing logistic request for the item, exactly as if I had correctly clicked on the logistic request in the first place:
what we want
Why ?
Two main things
  • No one likes error messages.
  • Most importantly, the logistic request gui appears to be unsortable and it can be hard to find items
Last edited by Koub on Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the spoilers OP wanted :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Findling personal logistic requests via filter GUI / Flash Logistic Request slot when already exists

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread with same - or very close variations - suggestion
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”