More precise GUI scaling options

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

More precise GUI scaling options

Post by asher_sky »

TL;DR
Request to let users set GUI scale to more precise values than just 75%, 100%, etc.

What ?
I would really like to set the GUI scale to 80, 85, or 90%. I have a Macbook Pro and with GUI scale at 100% things like the hotbar and alerts can overlap the armor slot/battery display, but at GUI scale 75% there is lots of room between hotbar and armor slots and, more importantly, chat text is too small to read easily.
Why ?
I think that being able to scale the GUI to somewhere between 75% and 100% would strike a nice balance of being able to read chat more easily than when set to 75%, and not drawing hotbar shortcuts and alerts on top of my armor and battery display (as when it's set to 100%).

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: More precise GUI scaling options

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

+1
I have gone into the config file and changed the gui scale before, but with the constant adjustment I do, it becomes incredibly tedious to set it back to 85% each time.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: More precise GUI scaling options

Post by eradicator »

It used to be possible, but scaling a pixel by 88% or whatever will always give the whole UI a blurry look. So the scale steps were changed so that the UI looks mostly nice even when scaled.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”