Remember direction of placed underground belt if cursor stack changed to a different direction'd item after placement

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Remember direction of placed underground belt if cursor stack changed to a different direction'd item after placement

Post by sparr »

If I place something pointing south (belt, inserter, etc) then switch to another item for placement my cursor still has the new item pointing south. So far so good, and this is expected in almost every case.

Where I would propose a sole exception is for underground belts. If my cursor is directed south, but I place the underground belt such that it links with an existing north-facing underground entrance, what I place is not a south entrance but a north exit. In this case, if I don't place a south-facing underground entrance before changing my cursor item, I propose that the cursor direction be set to north the next time a direction'd item is selected (which could be immediately or later).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Remember direction of placed underground belt if cursor stack changed to a different direction'd item after placemen

Post by ssilk »

In this case, if I don't place a south-facing underground entrance before changing my cursor item, I propose that the cursor direction be set to north the next time a direction'd item is selected (which could be immediately or later).
After five times reading I still don’t get it. ( If you don’t place change direction ... :?:)

Can you make an example? :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Remember direction of placed underground belt if cursor stack changed to a different direction'd item after placemen

Post by sparr »

Screenshot-2020-09-11-110959.png
Screenshot-2020-09-11-110959.png (89.4 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Place the top row first. You don't have to hit R to get everything to go in the same direction.

Then place the bottom row. If you don't hit R, the belts go the opposite direction of the undergrounds.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

And why don’t you place the belts first then the undergrounds?
(Was part of the problem to understand this, because I’m so railed that I never would come to the idea to do this like so :D )
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”