Notice when infinite wave defense is finished

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Notice when infinite wave defense is finished

Post by Honktown »

The infinite setting in wave defense has no notice when one kills all the tracked spawners, even though more exist. I was playing with someone and we thought the scenario broke after a save/load. I went digging and found that no, "infinite" was accidentally true, and all the spawners the waves came from were dead. It's a small change, but it would be nice if there were a pop-up notice, alert, an indicator next to the "Days", etc, something to make it obvious the waves were over.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Notice when infinite wave defense is finished

Post by Klonan »

It should keep adding more spawners to the tracked list, not sure why sometimes it stops counting them,
Can you provide a save game? Or steps to reproduce the issue?

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Save file attached.
Attachments
wave defense.zip
(9.15 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

I was playing WD again and noticed, launching the rocket ends the wave defense, despite infinite being true (attacks stop, upgrade gui goes away). Not sure if that is intentional or not, but it sounds like it could've been "reasonable" behavior. I'd prefer it to not be "over" when a rocket is launched, but that's something that could be modded in if the behavior will be kept as-is.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Honktown wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 am
I was playing WD again and noticed, launching the rocket ends the wave defense, despite infinite being true (attacks stop, upgrade gui goes away). Not sure if that is intentional or not, but it sounds like it could've been "reasonable" behavior. I'd prefer it to not be "over" when a rocket is launched, but that's something that could be modded in if the behavior will be kept as-is.
Yea, the infinite map option only influnces the map, not the rest of the gameplay

However, I will consider the feature request, that waves and things continue after the game is won

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”