"Detailed" Crafting options? :x...

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

"Detailed" Crafting options? :x...

Post by PanTobi »

Plz can we have new options for Manual Crafting?...

We can left click on recipe to craft one item
We can right click on recipe to craft 5 items
or we can Shift click on recipe to craft Max possible items...

but...

How about idk "Alt + click" to open "detailed Crafting Menu"
where you can type how many items you want to craft, for example... u know that u need 275 pipes to craft Blueprint and right now u have 600 iron plates... so u have two options... craft 600 pipes ( using shift + click ) or click many many times ( right click ) to craft 275 pipes...

both ways are bad :/...
but if u have "more detailed menu" for crafting you can just type how many products u want / need and just click OK ^_^

but... there is another problem... what if i need for example 100 underground pipes?... but i have 0 regular pipes?...
well... then i can craft 100 underground pipes but first i need to craft 1.000 regular pipes...

so it would be nice if there will be also option to "Switch Crafting Mode"

for example:
Mass Crafting -> Craft all missing Materials for all craftings and then start crafting desired product ( crafting all -> all )
Small Crafting -> Craft all missing materials for ONE crafting and then craft desired product, ( crafting one by one )

so for example if i select Crafting for 100 underground Pipes with Mass Crafting i will have to craft 1000 regular pipes first
and then i can start crafting my Underground Pipes
1000 pipes -> 100 underground

but with Small Crafting if i select 100 underground pipes game will craft 10 regular pipes and then one underground pipes
then again 10 regular pipes and one underground pipe
10 pipes -> 1 underground -> 10 pipes -> 1 underground -> 10 pipes -> 1 underground ..............

and one more thing...
can we have option to "change crafting order"?... today i was Craftin MK2 Manualy ( i always craft my first Mk2 manualy xD )

thats 200 Mods T1 and 50 Mods T2 its 1 hour to craft...
because other mats like Low Des. Strucutres i steal from... Yellow?... Science Packs... from one of SP uses Low Structures so i steal it from them...

but... if i select MK2 for Crafting my Manual Crafting is frozen for hour... if i want to craft something manualy
for example offshore pump i need to cancel my Crafting ( everything ) and then pick new crafting...

And sometimes i have rly long Crafting Order...
Egh was w8ing so long for my Modular Armor T_T...

if i only could move my Modular Armor on TOP of my Crafting order...
427520_20200818223255_1.png
427520_20200818223255_1.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1594 times
//Edit:
Yee if u look at my Armor u can see that i already have Modular... but i found it in Loot Chest on server xDD
Thats how long my Crafting Order was :D

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "Detailed" Crafting options? :x...

Post by Xorimuth »

I think that if you are doing that much hand-crafting, you are playing the game wrong :) The game should be encouraging people to automate production, not make hand-crafting easier.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

How about a mod to hand craft everything necessary for a blueprint?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting
by Qon
Automatically start handcrafting an item that is quickbar filtered (or in logistics requests) that you don't have enough of whenever your crafting queue is empty. Prioritises items in your cursor and what you need the most. It's like having logistics deliveries for early game!
It's way better than having to manually queue up items over and over because just like personal logistics requests, things will start crafting automatically when you run low on them.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

You could do something like put down a quick chest, the only take out the resources for 300 pipes, queue up all that then cancel 5*5 with right-clicks for a total of 275.

For 100 underground pipes from scratch, you are definitely doing it wrong. Either automate its production fully, or deal with click, right-click, or shift click.

For advanced circuits especially, I would advice to almost never hand craft them. You usually need a lot and they take a long time to craft.

Finally, if you notice yourself adding more items to your crafting queue than you're able to finish, then it's perhaps the clearest sign that you should automate more. Once you get used to it, it's pretty fast to set up some simple automated crafting. Worst case, leave an assembler or few with manual fed chests to get a one-time crafting job done. Multiplies your effective manual crafting speed so many times and is extremely quick to set up.

If I need something handcrafted now and in some quantity, I often do a few single clicks, a few right-clicks, then shift-click - depends on the specific situation - but there rarely is a perfect solution and will involve some waiting anyway. So much easier if I can rely on robots to do building or parts delivery for me, or if it's earlier on, have a box I can run to and grab the ready-made products from.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I’m sure this suggestion goes never into vanilla, because - as already stated - this compromises the heart of Factorio. The sense is to build the factory, which does the things for you. Crafting is just to make this faster or to build rarely used items.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

sounds like a mod idea
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Oh I know a new achievement, that could come then with such a mod: Busy Bastard. Build not more than X items in assembly!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”