Quick stack button

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

WildeMax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Quick stack button

Post by WildeMax »

TL;DR
Quick stack buttons for chests, factories etc. Allow quick stack items "from your"/"to your" inventory. Allow quick factories filling etc.
What ?
1) Stuck similat. Quick stack button that allows you to stuck similar items from your inventory to the chest's.
Before "Quick stack"
After "Quick stack"
2) Stuck all items. Quick stack all items from inventory to the chest.
3) Get all. Get all items from the chest.
4) Similar buttons for factories quick filling.
Image Image
Why ?
It improve work with items. Speed up the process of unloading and loading inventory.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Quick stack button

Post by conn11 »

I don't see the benefit above the already established SHIFT and CTRL + LMB (RMB) isn't that fast enough?
Furthermore, once personal logistics and trash slots are researched, manual inventory transfer becomes nearly irrelevant.

WildeMax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WildeMax »

I played 39 hours and still use manual filling, not everywhere, but often! I don't know what the game will give me later, but now quick buttons would help me a lot!

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

WildeMax wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:32 am
I played 39 hours and still use manual filling, not everywhere, but often! I don't know what the game will give me later, but now quick buttons would help me a lot!
Firstly avoid manual filling like the plaque, it becomes, like hand crafting, tedious. It's so by design.
Secondly, again, what benefit would an extra UI element have, above the interaction commands mentioned before (SHIFT/CTRL + LMB/RMB)?
Considering in particular, that you don't need to open an entities UI to fill or get items from it.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

WildeMax wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:59 pm
4) Similar buttons for factories quick filling.
That can already be done via Ctrl+Left-mouse-button on an empty space in your inventory.

There's also mods for making it easier to distribute items into chests/machines: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/even-distribution

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”