Tweak miner hitbox, so player can move between two miners facing from each other.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Tweak miner hitbox, so player can move between two miners facing from each other.

Post by CzBuCHi »

TL;DR

What ?
New miner graphics show 'path' behind miners if facing from each other (left from engineer on image), but that 'path' is unwalkable.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (757.65 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Why ?
Mailny because it is little confusing (even after 2000+ hours in game)

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tweak miner hitbox, so player can move between two miners facing from each other.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

+1
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tweak miner hitbox, so player can move between two miners facing from each other.

Post by Koub »

Would totally make sense with the new electric mining graphics. I like it when the hitbox matches the graphics. Discrepancy betweek hitbox and graphics hinders immersion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Same with Beacon.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

How would you deal with the fluid tanks for uranium? They visually add a lot to the back of the miner, making them even connect at that point to exchange the fluid. In that situation it is more realistic *not* to walk in between the backs of two miners. Would the engine support having two different hitboxes for miners, depending if they have fluid connections or not?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You're right, I hadn't thought of the pipe version of the mining drill *sigh* visually, one should not be able to get through, the pipes filling all the walkable space.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

To me, the most obvious thing would've been to add a couple of struts at the back just to help make sure that the graphic matches the square collision box, even just on the ground level, to help demarcate the corners and clarify that it really takes up all the space, since it's how the old drills were like: very tightly packed with no space in between.

Not sure how viable that is at this point, but there definitely is a bit of a mismatch.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

ssilk wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:17 am
Same with Beacon.
You can already walk through beacons?
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

They look, as you can walk nearly to the center. :)

And miners: I think this will not come before 1.0, but why couldn’t miners without pipes have a different hit box than miners with pipes?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”