Allow placing pipes that connect different fluids

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Allow placing pipes that connect different fluids

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
The user should be able to willingly place pipes that connect different fluids (not acidentally, willingly).
What ?
The user should be able to force the placement of a pipe that will connect different fluids. A ghost can be placed and will be revived and cause fluid mixing but before construction bots / without mods like Bluebuild the users can't cause this themself.

To avoid accidental fluid mixing I would suggest using ctrl-click to place a fluid mixing pipe or when reviving a ghost.
Why ?
While generally fluid mixing is bad there are situations where fluid mixing is usefull. For example when fluid is used as fuel and one wants to switch fuels depening on availability.

Now that fluids can be easily be voided by clicking on a pipe system anywhere the damage of unintentionally mixed fluids is far less so I believe allowing for intentional mixing would be good and would enrich the game.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow placing pipes that connect different fluids

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Or just not do the check when a ghost is there. That way, a player can just place a ghost and fill it in. If there is no ghost, it will not let you place it.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow placing pipes that connect different fluids

Post by mrvn »

That's what I mend with "or when reviving a ghost". Badly worded, should have said: "or allow it when reviving a ghost."

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”