New blueprints - absolute reference point grid size

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

New blueprints - absolute reference point grid size

Post by CzBuCHi »

TL;DR
Add optional separate grid size when BP is positioned absolutely.

What ?
Imagine blueprint, that has 96x96 grid size and is absoultely positioned to fit 3x3 chunks
as a result top left corner of this BP can be placed only in top left corner of chunks [0,0], [0,3], [0,6], ..., [3,0], [3,3], ...

with separate grid size for abs. ref. point set to 32x32 top left corner of BP would be allowed to place in top left corner of any chunk

Why ?
OCD what else? :)

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: New blueprints - absolute reference point grid size

Post by boskid »

Am i missing something? You simply want a blueprint with a grid of 32x32 which can be set right now? Just change grid from 96x96 to 32x32.
Grid size can be way smaller than the blueprint content itself - only issue that may arise from that will be blueprint will align to positions that could overlap with adjacent positions

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New blueprints - absolute reference point grid size

Post by CzBuCHi »

TL;DR: After good night sleep i get to same conclusion ...

Original reasoning behind this was, that i created chunk aligned city block rails that span over 7x7 chunks and then when placed on map it wouldn't align with my first (non-bp) block - like this: (because of grid size 224x224)

Code: Select all

+-------+ <- original manualy placed block: chunks [2,3] - [9,10] 
|       |
|   +---+---+   <- "misaligned" bp block (that is actualy properly aligned): chunks [0,0] - [7,7]
|   |	|   |
+---+---+   |
    |       |
    +-------+
what i wanted was to have bp aligned to original non-bp block, but now when im thinking of it grid size 32x32 or different anchor point would do exactly that ...

PS: i discovered, that [shift + left mouse button + mouse move] will drag grid anchor point around... hope, that isn't a bug because it is actually usefull :)

PSS: visualizer sometimes do not render all corners (like single tile entity do not render on map with specific zoom levels if placed in even row/column)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”