Potential power production in graph

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Potential power production in graph

Post by TheoMarque »

TL;DR
Add graph to show potential power production in power tab.
What ?
Add toggle-able graph on power tab, showing potential power for every power source connected to network.
Why ?
Sometimes to check how much power this solar plant produce we must do math. If numbers are generalized to 1000, problem only arise. For example 100 solar panels can produce 6 MW of additional power. Is not meaning value in total, if we use cold steam, 100 of steam engines can produce 90 MW. Same situation is for accumulators.
Potential power production can be useful to check what power source is "main" in out electricity network and give info what source have insufficient fuel or producing limit.
This idea cannot be introduced by mods, so only way to see these graph is only ad in game. Is not create mess in power tab, due in Factorio vanilla we have only 4 power sources, so adding next 4 "dummy" graph does not change anything in GUI but give information that only showed on gauge in the middle.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Potential power production in graph

Post by ssilk »

I would say it like so:
Because I currently use many power-switches to turn big parts of my factory on and off (I think around 100 or so), I get no clear pictures of what is really going on in the power system. Indeed it is so, if more than 50 % of the factory turns on, i could come into some troubles. That needs to be avoided.

So I think I need the current sum of all potential power production, the current sum of all potential consumers, the current sum of all real power production and real consumes and the current accumulator load of that network into one graph.

It would help me a lot to get a clear picture if there could be a serious problem.

P.S.: yes, a mod can do that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”