Each Signal on the right side of the operator for the Archimetic Combinators

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Schaeberlej
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Each Signal on the right side of the operator for the Archimetic Combinators

Post by Schaeberlej »

TL;DR
Possibility to use the each signal either on the right or the left side of the operator in the Arithmetic Combinator.

What ?
For some operators it matters, if the each signal is on the left or the right side of the operator.
For example in division (/), subtraction (-), modulo (%), power (^), bitshift (<<, >>).
Here it would be good, if you could use the each signal on either of the sides for more complex Combinator Setups.

Where the each signal could be
Why ?
I tried to put a kind of multiplexor for a lot of binary numbers together and I came across the situation, where the best thing would be to shift 1 for each input signal the count of the input signals to the right.
Also it seams for me to be more consistent to allow the usage of the each signal on the right side of the combinator as well.

Hell2o
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Allow "each" on the right side of operations in athematic combinators when the left side is not set to "each"

Post by Hell2o »

There are currently various operations that are impossible to perform using the each signal due to it being unavailable on the right side of operations.
These include:
constant/each
constant%each
constant^each
constant<<each
and
constant>>each

The remaining operations can all be used in ways equivalent to these since those operations are order agnostic (except for "-" but that can be performed with multiplication then addition).

This leaves a gap in the operations available using the each signal which in certain complex builds can create difficulties.

My suggestion is simply that "each" should be allowed on the right side of operations in the arithmetic combinator as long as the left side is not also set to "each".

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Allow "each" on the right side of operations in athematic combinators when the left side is not set to "each"

Post by Nidan »

1.1.0 changelog wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm
Arithmetic combinator 'Each' signal can now be used in either left or right parameter.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Allow "each" on the right side of operations in athematic combinators when the left side is not set to "each"

Post by foamy »

I would like that, yes.

Hell2o
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hell2o »

Nidan wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am
1.1.0 changelog wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm
Arithmetic combinator 'Each' signal can now be used in either left or right parameter.
ah, I was not aware of that

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Each Signal on the right side of the operator for the Archimetic Combinators

Post by ssilk »

sorry dudes, but that topic already existed merged and moved to implemented — ssilk
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”