Add hotkey for quickbar display toggle

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kaldo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Add hotkey for quickbar display toggle

Post by Kaldo »

When you click on the quickbar number it displays all 10 quickbars on your screen. https://i.imgur.com/2TqgW0q.png

I think it'd be a nice feature if we could bind this to a keyboard button rather than having to use a mouse to click, since it makes it easy to just quickly grab an item from an inactive quickbar without having to switch to it with shift+number.

The same button would toggle the dropdown off (to default state) as well. There is no way currently to bind this behavior to a hotkey though, it is not listed in controls, and I couldn't find any mods that enable it either.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add hotkey for quickbar display toggle

Post by eradicator »

+1

Quite often I need to grab *one* item from another quickbar. And pressing all 10 quickbar-swap hotkeys to find the one quickbar I'm looking for is...welp. The two quickbars aren't enough to store everything. Four quickbars wouldn't be enough (and waste screen space). And grabbing from the inventory is annoying because things constantly shuffle around and it doesn't obey one-icon-per-item. Also the quickbar menu already conveniently auto-closes after picking an item, so it would be just one extra press of a button.
quickbarhotkey.png
quickbarhotkey.png (177.13 KiB) Viewed 624 times

Infact I've made a crude autohotkey script to bind tab to this.
(Works only in fullscreen on exactly 1080p screens.)

Code: Select all

#Warn, All
#SingleInstance, force

SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 0

ClickNoMove(x,y){
	local
	MouseGetPos, a, b
	Click, %x%, %y%
	MouseMove, % a, % b
	}

#IfWinActive ahk_exe factorio.exe
;~ Tab::Click, 732, 1009
;~ Tab::ControlClick, x732 y1009, A
;~ Tab:: Send {Click 732, 1009}
Tab:: ClickNoMove(732, 1009)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”