Make the mod changelog window default to changes since the installed version when opened from "Updates" tab

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

beiju
Inserter
Inserter

Make the mod changelog window default to changes since the installed version when opened from "Updates" tab

Post by beiju »

The way the changelogs for the game itself are shown, with the changenotes from every version since the one you just upgraded from shown in order, is very convenient. I usually view the changelogs for mods before I update them, so I'm aware if my factory is about to break, and it's much less convenient. I have to look at the current version, click the button, and scroll down to find the section after the current version's.

It would be nice if the version filters at the top of the mod changelog window were capable of showing "since currently installed version", and it defaulted to that setting when you click "Changelog" from within the "Updates" tab of the mods menu.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make the mod changelog window default to changes since the installed version when opened from "Updates" tab

Post by slippycheeze »

Alternate idea: show the changelog in "newest first" order rather than "oldest first" so that the recent changes are the ones I most likely care about. Thank you.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make the mod changelog window default to changes since the installed version when opened from "Updates" tab

Post by ickputzdirwech »

+1
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”