Place a "Reset" icon next to mod's name on settings pages

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Place a "Reset" icon next to mod's name on settings pages

Post by doktorstick »

I had the need to reset a mod's map settings to default. I had no idea what those defaults were, and hovering over the "reset" icon in the upper-right of the window told me I had 52! changes that would be reverted. I could also see what settings would be reverted for the mod in question, since hovering over the reset button highlights all the non-default items. As a practical matter, however, this wasn't helpful; I still didn't know what the defaults were.

In addition to resetting everything, it would be nice to have the option to reset a single mod for a single setting type (startup / map / player). Hence the idea of placing the small reset in each mod's section, possibly by it's name.

Alternatively, from the mods management pane a "reset mod to defaults" could work. It's less ideal as you cannot see what's being changed and there's multiple clicks between wanting to reset, resetting, and then reconfiguring the three possible tabs.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Place a "Reset" icon next to mod's name on settings pages

Post by Optera »

I often want to reset specific mods or settings. With a long list of mod settings it's a pain to find out which of those settings should be reset.

Just having the reset button always available while scrolling down the list of settings would go a long way.
However I'd go one step further and add reset to default when clicking on it with middle mouse.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”