A change in the dynamic .Adding personnel .

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jaggmann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A change in the dynamic .Adding personnel .

Post by jaggmann »

Personnel would be added to the game and be integral to the factories functionality .
The bugs would not eat the factory components but would target the personnel .With the exception of gates and walls .
That the factory would be in sections and each section be dependent upon the presence of the individual personnel .In order to function and operate .
That the personnel be incorporated in to the research process .
That a dynamic of additional personnel be acquired by way of rescue from the outer zones of the map . Personnel are progressively deployed by way of drop pods.
A narrative mission mode of play .A pr-existing factory setup waiting to be activated and then expanded .
That the player has an initial APC to do the rescue .Rescue vehicle up grades via research over time ,helicopters .
An internal as well as external defence mechanism ,defence robot drones as well as turrets .
That the bugs be stronger from the starting point .
That the player would have starting fuel ,ammunition for initial rescues .
A new unit .Ore and oil extractor .The map would have various percentage's of ore and oil everywhere .The extractor would drive and reposition to extract ore .Would require personnel to operate .The extractor would be up gradable via research .

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: A change in the dynamic .Adding personnel .

Post by khalismur »

That was a very weird way to write. That's not how punctuation is used. :x

ONTOPIC: Your idea is maybe fitting for a mod, though I'm not sure if the bitter target priorities can be changed through the API. I don't really get what you propose. Do you suggest those changes into the main game or are they a mod idea?

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

That is a bunch of separate changes there.

I actually prototyped some similar things for my own interest. A lot of it seemed doable, although a lot of work, probably a team thing.

The big problem I had with some similar stuff is performance, trying to control a lot of entities to do something different in Lua (e.g. I was thinking has "engineers" need to maintain certain structures) quickly reduces performance, which I didn't like. Also really needs fresh graphics.
That the factory would be in sections a
I actually considered this idea specifically more recently. I didn't come up with a tidy solution with Factorio's infinite map that made sense, but was an idea I found to have merit in other game play contexts.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved this to Ideas and Suggestions, hoping that it is indeed a suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”