QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
Usul
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by Usul »

Hi!

Title says it. Each time we reopen the Production Stats, the Tab Choice reverts to 1 minute... instead of staying on the last-chosen (i.e. preffered) tab. It does stick when switching between items/buildings/fluids/etc during the same "session" of stats viewing, so it would only seem more consistent to have this behaviour also when entering a new "session".

Thanks! 8-)

Usul
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by Usul »

I've just noticed, that the production stats and power stats UI *does* preserve any selected filters upon re-open, but does *not* the selected timer interval. In my opinion, it would be more complete and consistent to also preserve those.

Thanks! 8-)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: QoL: Preserve Choice of Time-Interval-Tab in Stats-UI upon re-open

Post by ssilk »

This is not exactly on topic, but what really don’t like is the change of the colors of the items.

What I would suggest is the following:
1. each item has a predefined color, corresponding to when it is defined during initialization (simply the item-index modulo number of colors)
2. the first N entries in the stats list should use that color. N seems to be useful for 5-8 entries. If there are same colors - e.g. iron gears and copper wire are both blue - then one should be darker, one should be lighter blue with the simple algorithm, that the lower index should be dark, the higher light. This guarantees that a player can learn the items and their corresponding colors in stats, because it doesn’t change so often.
3. The remaining entries that are displayed should have ONE (Different) color, because their information value is low. You can see that curves by hovering, then they will be highlighted .
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”