Mindustry like drones in Factorio?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Underline
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mindustry like drones in Factorio?

Post by Underline »

Hello! New here, but old player..

I recently discovered Mindustry, similar to Factorio in some ways, but it has an amazing feature that I believe would totally work in Factorio. It is the ability to produce fighting walker robots that will automatically go hunt enemy bases. This brings so many possibilities in the game, like alternate game modes where you have to deatroy base by base until you destroy the main enemy hq. Mindustry has several types of drones: standard medium range, close combat, titans, etc. Go play Mindustry and you will understand what I mean.

Anyway, just wanted to drop this here, possibly this has been suggested before.

Let me know what u think.

FC

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mindustry like drones in Factorio?

Post by mmmPI »

I think those mods could suit your taste :
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kyranzor/robotarmy

it is quite straigthforward to use, robots tends to be on the weak side late game (at least last time i used they had trouble with the acid on the floor ), so you need to send big swarms of them to get significant results when biters settings are high.
But it is very satisfying to use and watch for immediate fun.

main drawback is that it utilize the biters AI for pathfinding, which can be a bit taxing in ups if you use as many as you have biters it would basically double the need for pathfinding, and sometimes are a bit non-tactical, like forming a line and going 1 by 1 through choke of death, but it benefits from optimizations made for biters :)

there is this one too :
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel ... e-vehicles

More technical to use, with some possibilies for more complex behaviors that i'm not qualified to detail , military robots/vehicle is only one aspect of it, there are more use case, like logistic and even mining ! Takes times to understand the system, which is also gratifying when it finally works.

This one also uses biters AI for pathfinding, but you have more possibilities to setup waypoints to alleviate the ressource consumption. ( which can be even more taxing if poorly design but you can fiddle with and improve over time)

Oh and you can use both at the same time :).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moving this to Ideas and Sugegstion.
But as mmmPI already answered, very unlikely to see this in vanilla, while it's moddable - and already modded.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Underline
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Underline »

Thanks!! That mod was what I was looking for!!
Hope to see it in a future dlc maybe?? who knows?? lol

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”