Mushroom Cloud Implementation?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lsc9x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mushroom Cloud Implementation?

Post by lsc9x »

I just broke 2,000 hours of play on Factorio and this was after giving up and leaving the game for 3 YEARS! And now I'm back and addicted and OCD, again! Thanks guys! Best $20 I ever spent in my life. =)

So, the ONLY gripe I have about the game is that Atomic bombs don't make mushroom clouds. WHY NOT?!!! You could make a 2 second animation that fades out that would look really cool. The whole animation would be a very brief (0.1 seconds) flash of light that should white up the screen, followed by a rolling puff of smoke that mushrooms into the sky and fades out. That's the idea anyway.

Thanks for such a fantastic game and WTF are you going to finally release this game???!!!! It was in Beta when I played it 3 year ago! You started in 2012. STAR CITIZEN will be out before Factorio! lmao.

Peace!

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mushroom Cloud Implementation?

Post by Omnifarious »

There is a nice mod that does that, and also makes nuclear bombs much more spectacular in other ways while not actually changing their area of effect or how much damage they do. That mod is called (appropriately enough) Mushroom Cloud.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”