Do not stop the train at the station, if the conditions are already met

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

guigulo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Do not stop the train at the station, if the conditions are already met

Post by guigulo »

Hello,
sorry for my bad english, it's because i am french :D
So my idea:
if the conditions of departure from a station (unchangeable during the train journey) are already met, then do not brake and stop the train at the station. And why not, make sure that the train goes directly to the next station in the event of a shortcut or something else.

cordially

Durr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Do not stop the train at the station, if the conditions are already met

Post by Durr »

A "Skip if conditions are already met" checkbox for each station in a schedule would work better. Maybe a "Continue through station" secondary checkbox (only available if the first is checked) to allow the train to take a shortcut to the next station in the list or continue through the station first.

Edit:
Also, if there are only two stations in the schedule and "skip" is checked for station B, and departure conditions for station B are already met, do not leave station A.
Tired of manually backing up your saves? Check this out! -> Factorio Backup

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Do not stop the train at the station, if the conditions are already met

Post by ickputzdirwech »

If I didn't misunderstand your suggestion you can do this already by disabling stations with circuit conditions that are equivalent to the leave conditions of the train. In this case the train will directly go to the next station in it's schedule. And if you set no conditions to a train stop in a train schedule, it will pass this station without stopping.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”