Buildings construct time.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

harch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Buildings construct time.

Post by harch »

Hi, i want to propose add time needed to construct buildings.

I don't mean assembling them in the inventory. I mean setting them on the ground.
It takes some time to deconstruct, but why there is no time to construct?

As example, i can say that it's much easier to build electric lines and laser turrets at enemy nest to destroy it, than build tanks and make tank rush.
So this tower offense looks stupid as for me.

Even armor became meaningless, 'cause you can setup ten turrets in a second and run away, waiting until they do all job.

Sorry if this proposal already was. Didn't found it.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Buildings construct time.

Post by hoho »

I approve of this.

Sure, it'll make it a bit more inconvenient to upgrade big setups but it would help balancing the game a bit and would make a whole lot of sense.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

On devs todo list: especially the tower rush will become much more difficult. The pure construction time won't change cause it makes no sense, cause you loose placing by walking.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

harch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harch »

hoho wrote: Sure, it'll make it a bit more inconvenient to upgrade big setups but it would help balancing the game a bit and would make a whole lot of sense.
Yup, it will take more time, but it can be resolved by upgrading drone logic, like order - upgrade all belts from red to blue.
Anyway there is blueprints, which can be used to build oir copy complex systems.
ssilk wrote:On devs todo list: especially the tower rush will become much more difficult. The pure construction time won't change cause it makes no sense, cause you loose placing by walking.
So maybe there is point to make build like this -
Player setups building on ground, then building take some time to self-deploy, depends on building complexity.

You aren't loosing placing by walking, and you can't spam with turrets and stuff to tower rush.

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

I think it's a very positive aspect of the game, that the placement of objects is fast. actually, sometimes I wish, deconstructing was just as fast.

Maybe for turrets, walls and the like, it makes sense to apply a delay until they are functioning, so it gets harder to use them for attacks. But then there have to be other interesting means of attacking. ;)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

They planed that and to surround the area around a nest with "something in the earth", so that you cannot built on it. What's implemented is not known yet.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

harch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harch »

ssilk wrote:They planed that and to surround the area around a nest with "something in the earth", so that you cannot built on it. What's implemented is not known yet.
Looks like crutch than solution. Also it will be fun if this unbuildable ground is located over needed resources.
Bleda wrote:I think it's a very positive aspect of the game, that the placement of objects is fast. actually, sometimes I wish, deconstructing was just as fast.
Like a sandbox. No difficuties or competition.
Bleda wrote:Maybe for turrets, walls and the like, it makes sense to apply a delay until they are functioning, so it gets harder to use them for attacks. But then there have to be other interesting means of attacking. ;)
It will bring more chaos and disbalance.
Why should part of buildings deploy immediately, but other part should require time to deploy?

How about to assembly building directly at ground from inventory?
Light buildings can be carried, heavy should be built at their location for their assembly time.
Moar realism to the god of realism.

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Buildings with construction times should be an exception rather than a rule in this game. I find myself frequently rebuilding as I experiment with layouts and designs, and even the deconstruction time gets to be a little annoying.

Turrets and walls are the one thing I'll entertain an exception for, since those affect the combat balance of the game.

harch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harch »

Nemoricus wrote:Buildings with construction times should be an exception rather than a rule in this game. I find myself frequently rebuilding as I experiment with layouts and designs, and even the deconstruction time gets to be a little annoying.
I think there should be sandbox with instant build\remove to test layouts, and usual game with time to construct\deconstruct.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

What I would like is a sort of "doodling" interface (almost like the map editor) that I could open up from a paused game. This interface would have a toolbox with all the items sorted on tabs. You could quickly sketch out a design and make a blueprint of it. Then you could go back to your game and actually use the blueprint you just created.

harch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harch »

katyal wrote:What I would like is a sort of "doodling" interface (almost like the map editor) that I could open up from a paused game. This interface would have a toolbox with all the items sorted on tabs. You could quickly sketch out a design and make a blueprint of it. Then you could go back to your game and actually use the blueprint you just created.
I think that planning feature is awesome, it even can be building - construction bureau where you can make projects, but it's not related to this topic.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Yeah sorry for derailing the thread...When I had the thought I just had to get it out to keep from forgetting it, starting a new thread for it now.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”