TL;DRA system for players to report grievers on their public/open servers, after enough strikes from multiple servers, grievers will be prohibited from joining any public/open online sessions for X period of time.
What ?System active only for factorio servers with "visibility: public" and no password set.
A system that if implemented, allows the players in-game to report someone that is misbehaving/grieving.
- If said person "Bob123" for example gets reports on 5 different servers, a strike is given, resulting in a XX timed ban.
- If said person after the ban period is over, receives another report from 3 servers again within 1 month, (s)he's instantly banned again, this time longer.
- if after the 2nd ban period another 3 reports are send in the final permanent ban is given. Resulting in permanent loss of ability to game play on any public/non-passworded server from that particular game license.
- Players should also be able to review their strikes on their account page. Reported: 0 / Strikes: 0
- Every Factorio server has a uplink to the main server for verifying/checking their license and advertising their game if it's made public.
If possible, piggyback over that connection, to verify if said user license is allowed to play online sessions due to strike count or cooldown period.
- Every game license can report another game license only once a day.
- Every game license have to be playing at least X amount of time on server before they can report someone.
To prevent mass-grievers joining servers and abusing report system mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34987
- X amount of reports from the same server, will result in that specific server to ban this player automatically. and report sended to global server.
- Grievers can cause a LOT of problems and frustration for new beginning players who just want to play with friends or want to play with people.
- Grievers can roam free any server without any form of consequence, they get banned? whatever? they'll just fine a new server/people to annoy.
- With the Hype that majority of 1.0 game releases get, this can seriously impact on how the game will be reviewed if people can just grief without consequences.
- System can be fully automated and it's better then having no system against grievers at all.
- People need to learn that their actions will have consequence, since currently, there is none, apart from a single server ban.