Native Module Inserter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dugen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Native Module Inserter

Post by dugen »

A bug in 0.18 has broken Module Inserter which has reminded me that it's not vanilla functionality, and it really should be.

Putting 3 x Efficiency 1 modules in Level 3 assembly machines is super useful if you are in a tough fight with the biters, and it's incredibly tedious without module inserter. Manually, you have to open the interface for each machine, fill it with modules, then take one out. The only reasonable alternative is to grab a blueprint snapshot of my base, export it to a string, use a blueprint tool to insert modules into the machines in the blueprint, deconstruct all the assemblers and paste down the modified blueprint. Without module inserter I usually just end up throwing 4 in each machine because the UI for doing what I want is so slow.

Tedious UI isn't a fun gameplay obstacle to overcome.

I really hate that last sentence, because I consider Factorio's UI to be the best I've ever seen and I feel it should be studied by game developers as an example of how to do UI design exceptionally well, but it remains true.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Native Module Inserter

Post by Tekky »

This has already been suggested in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50084 Default Ctrl-Click for green modules - don't over-add

For the reason described in that thread, I am happy with the way it works now, even if it may be a bit tedious.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”