Revert rail planner initial direction to previous behaviour

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Revert rail planner initial direction to previous behaviour

Post by BenSeidel »

TL;DR
Revert the changes to the initial rotation angle for a user-rotated rail planner to be the current "auto direction" of the rail planner instead of always being north.

What ?
Sometime between 0.17.4 and 0.17.79 the behaviour of rotating the rail ghost planner changed. I can't be more specific because I can't find a change in the log.
Previously when you pressed R (or shift-r) the rail planner would rotate either clockwise or anticlockwise from the current direction the rail planner is facing.
Now when you have the ghost rail planner in "auto rotation mode" and press R or Shift-R the rail planner ALWAYS tries to find a path where it ends facing north-east or north-west respectively.
Why ?
Because when you are building south it makes it REALLY annoying to change the required direction manually (it's 3 or more presses to get the rotation you want) and the current behaviour usually it makes the rail planner disappear because it can't find a path to face north. You then have to grope around without any UI feedback.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Revert rail planner initial direction to previous behaviour

Post by ssilk »

BenSeidel wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:54 am
Sometime between 0.17.4 and 0.17.79 the behaviour of rotating the rail ghost planner changed. I can't be more specific because I can't find a change in the log.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Rail_planner

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-290

AFAI remember some small changes have been reverted afterwards.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”