[0.17.79]Changing key binding for Build Ghost

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.79]Changing key binding for Build Ghost

Post by jamiechi1 »

When I change or remove the key binding for 'Build Ghost', the ability to use 'shift + left mouse button' when placing a Blueprint is broken.
I realize that technically placing a Blueprint is placing a ghost. But to me these seem like different actions and should not have the same key binding.
Is it possible to make the placing a ghost of an individual object, and using the 'shift left click' while placing a Blueprint into a different action with different key bindings?
I would like to be able to use control or alt key when placing a normal ghost item and continue to use the shift key for the alternate mode of placing a Blueprint.
Maybe clarifying that the key binding for 'Build Ghost' also affects the alernate mode of placing a Blueprint would help in the Controls dialog.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.79]Changing key binding for Build Ghost

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved this to Ideas and suggestions : it's not a bug, as it's working as intended, but it doesn't mean it's the base way, we'll let the devs decide by themselves what to do with this feedback.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I don’t understand this completely. :)
Please explain what keybinding you exactly changed to what other key and what you would await instead.

Besides that:
I have an item in hand press shift-LM: ghost placed. I have a blueprint in hand, press shift-LM: overriding blueprint placed.
Completely different.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

As an example. If I changed the key binding to alt-left mouse button to build a ghost. Then I can not use the shift-left mouse button to place a blueprint on trees and rocks to force placement and remove the trees and rocks. Your single key binding for placing ghosts performs what I see as two different operations. 1. just placing one ghost entity. 2. Just placing a blueprint with the alternate mode of placing and removing trees. (Or only placing the contents of a blueprint that don't overlap existing items.)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”