Manually activated (and tweakable) module specification request

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

osndok
Inserter
Inserter

Manually activated (and tweakable) module specification request

Post by osndok »

I imagine that this is already documented somewhere, but I was not able to find it in the forums, so I thought I would post it just in case.

At present [v0.17], module specs are easily copied into blueprints, and can be changed by an upgrade planner, but there is no way to manually set the flag, and the 'cancel' mechanism is a bit clunky (in that it clears all the pending request slots).

So (given that the player has attained construction robots) they could:
(1) place down an assembly machine
(2) select a recipe
(3) left click on one of the empty module slots
(4) a popup selection menu (just like the upgrade planner selector) lets you select which module you want in that slot
(5) the "module request" icon (or maybe a ghost icon of the requested module) is shown in the module slot
(6a) right clicking on any particular module slot clears that slot's request
(6b) left clicking on a ghosted module slot [clears that slot's request?] & opens the module picker popup

There are surely workarounds, but I find all too often in the mid-game that I don't have any modules in my inventory of the type I want (particularly those that are costly), and it involves many steps (setting up the building, creating a blueprint, destroying the building, pasting the blueprint).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”