Inserters with ghost wires

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Inserters with ghost wires

Post by ichVII »

TL;DR
If an inserter is placed in a blueprint and has a wire connection and a enable condition in the blueprint, it should NOT work until the entity it is attached to via wire is placed.

What ?
If I place a blueprint containing inserters, that are wired and have circuit conditions, they should not start working before they are wired up and can actually check those conditions.

Why ?
I set enable conditions for good reasons. I dont mean "Oh, if the wire hasnt been attached yet, just do whatever you want", but "Wait until the condition is met". I expect factorio logic to work precisely and not just start moving inserters because stuff hasnt been placed yet.

And I personally dont see a good reason not to implement this.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Inserters with ghost wires

Post by Cribbit »

Support

It would also be nice to be able to see the current values on a wired item, rather than having to always go thru a power pole.

It would also be nice to generally be able to set circuit network settings even before the item is wired. I know they're stored, since copy/paste works even if it's not wired yet.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

Cribbit wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 pm
It would also be nice to be able to see the current values on a wired item, rather than having to always go thru a power pole.
Oh yes this please! Show the circuit network values when hovering over any item connected to a circuit network, or with a ghost connecting it to a circuit network.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

I finally came up with a practical, vanilla example: If you build a production line for blue circuits or even rockets by bots and definitely want your inserters to wait until the pm3s have been placed in the building, this would greatly help. (You can check av conbot= total conbot to check, if constructions are finished and have a combinator creation remember if that has been set as to not let later construction orders slow it down.)

And I agree with seeing signals while hovering over any wired entity, at least as an option being turned on/off in settings.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

+1
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”