After Rocket launch - keep playing - Game changer to Tower Defense

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

axelrody
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

After Rocket launch - keep playing - Game changer to Tower Defense

Post by axelrody »

After launching the rocket and finishing the game I build my second, much bigger factory. I put about 230h into the game, and I liked it very much, I still like it but after you launch the rocket there is not much else to do, I want to keep on plying, but there is something missing. So I was wondering…

I know in a sense Factorio has tower defence mechanics, but… my idea now

After the rocket is launched the game changes into a new mode, a DLC if you want to call it.

The AI enemy gets stronger, bigger, more aggressive, more and more coming, different types (like a typical tower defence game), all they want to do is destroying the rocket(‘s)

It becomes a total Tower Defence game, you can still build and do all the old stuff but then you unlock new stuff you build between the waves like:

- Better walls – steel reinforced
- A BattleMech you can use witch has better fire power and more weapons then the tank
- Different traps you build into the ground
- Higher gun tower for better range
- Tesla tower for stunning the enemy
- Shockwave tower for pushing the enemy back
- Mortar (if placed wrong it also damages you own stuff)
And so on, and so on

Everything with more to research and production tree, build from of all the original materials (or maybe even add some for the new stuff to build to make it even more interesting)
Maybe an extra weapon and ammo

This is just a few ideas, it would be nice if it would become a whole additional expansion of the game
Last edited by axelrody on Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: After Rocket launch - keep playing - Game changer - Tower Defense

Post by Cribbit »

Artillery lets you get into this. Basically the first part of what you ask for, but they go after the arty rather than the silo.

There are a lot of excellent mods for expanding the military of the game. You're going to find much better expansions in that regard from mods. Biters in the base game are intended more as a counterbalance for pollution rather than being an objective of their own.

axelrody
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: After Rocket launch - keep playing - Game changer - Tower Defense

Post by axelrody »

Thank you Cribbit for the reply, i appreciate it. Thanks for the tip

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: After Rocket launch - keep playing - Game changer to Tower Defense

Post by BHakluyt »

After each rocket launch all the biters should go crazy like when shot at with artillery, but ALL biters on the map...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”