[0.17] please add proper blueprint library management

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17] please add proper blueprint library management

Post by factoriouzr »

Please add proper blueprint library management as promised almost 2 years ago now (since before 0.17.0 release).

The implementation now has lots of issues such as not being able to add blueprints to a book inside the blueprint library where you choose. Awkward controls, left click to pick up a blueprint from book, but right click to go into a book, but left click to go out of a book. when you right click on a blueprint book while you are looking at another book, it refuses to open the book you clicked on. Lack of ability to properly and easily organize blueprints and much more. I also have to manually download half of the books in my blueprint library when hosting a multiplayer game. Why do I need to download my own blueprint library in multiplayer? Why only half of them? Please fix the blueprint system and library.

Why can't we update existing blueprints as we make changes to our designs? Please add support for updating existing blueprints without having to set everything on them again (icons, name, what to blueprint checkboxes, etc)

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] please add proper blueprint library management

Post by Philip017 »

it is a bit awkward to use the library,
- i regularly left click a book when i want to open it, having to clear my cursor (q) and then right click it again.
- if i want to edit my blueprint, but not the one in my library, (remove some items)... i need to first click it out of my library, then open my inventory click it into my inventory, then right click it and edit it, i would prefer to be able to edit it, and if edited it goes into my inventory instead of editing the one in the library, but learning the steps allows me to do my thing.
- if i want to sort my blueprints, i have to do it by their name, putting the first letter of my blueprint name to: 1, 2, 3 for items at the top and x, y, z for things at the bottom, not as convenient as moving them where i want, but a work around.
- modifying a blueprint, is basically creating a new blueprint, if i want to modify a small portion of it, i have to paste it down, then re-blueprint it, then it requires resetting all icons and naming it again. the naming is clunky as it doesn't save the name unless you press enter after typing the name, i regularly type the name then click the save button, having to reedit the blueprint to retype the name, press enter, then save to get it to save my name.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17] please add proper blueprint library management

Post by ssilk »

AFAIK it’s redoing is currently blocked by the GUI rework. So just keep patient, it’s still alpha. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”