TL;DRI want something, which give me much more control over blueprint, destructors, upgrade-planner (etc.) and a way to build with them more automatically.
What ?This is inspired by https://mods.factorio.com/mod/recursive-blueprints
This is the future of factorio: Automate everything, make yourself as player just watch how clever you are.
I want something, that gives me the power to place for example:
- a destructor over the are of the next blueprint and removes stones and trees first, then waits some time (until all enough is cleaned up) and then place the blueprint
- Filters over the blueprint, that enables me to place only power poles and roboports first, then the rest
- Some kind of Filter: Are there resources in this area? If yes, then place BP, if not go to the next step in program
- A blueprint, that is able to copy/paste, while rotating and flipping
- Blueprint placement in loops (build walls)
And so on.
My idea is that you can put in any blueprint, destructor, update-planner and then you can "program" with very basic commands like "IF" and then you need to insert coordinates (that are displayed live on map) and depending on that result you can step to the next entry or jump to another.
Possible commands (sorry I won't explain it further, let your phantasy run):
- ZEROPOINT: sets the zero-point for all following areas, is either current position or absolute or depends on first entity that an area-filter can find
- PLACE: area, blueprint/destructor/upgrade-planner/cancel bp or destruct, rotation, flip (this means you can place also only parts of an existing blueprint)
- IF: area, filter, circuit-condition, jump to positive command, jump to negative command
- WAIT: time in ticks or seconds
- WAITUNTIL: area, filter, circuit-condition
- REPLICATE: blueprint or -book/destructor/upgrade-planner, position where this copy should be put into
- COPY: source-area, destination, rotation, flip, blueprint-options (copy station names etc.)
- LOOP: from, to, step, start of loop program, end of loop-program (the first command then should be ZEROPOINT-command)
- IFCIRCUIT: (works only when this is placed as entity and connected to a circuit) circuit-condition, jump to positive command, jump to negative command
- CREATE: position, entity, orientation (creates ghost)
- DESTRUCT: position (marks for destruction)
- KILL: position, weapon - destroys (only own) entity at that position with currently best amuntion as long as the entity is destroyed, good for automated destruction instead of shooting or for forest cleanup (fire)
Just a bunch more ideas in backlog, but enough for now.
To make this tool efficient we need a much better blueprint-editor than yet. It should be able to handle some of the needed features like selecting a part of a blueprint area, rotate, and flip (with some exceptions for rails and chemicals).