Placing a bp with shift click results in unexpected stone on some belts.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Placing a bp with shift click results in unexpected stone on some belts.

Post by Stevetrov »

Sometimes when I place a BP with a shift click to remove rocks and trees stone ends up on some of the belts and the bp doesnt work as intended as a result.

I have seen this issue a number of times, but only worked out today why it happens.

1. Sometimes a rock (eg big sandy rock) gets destroyed (most like by atomic weapon or artillery shells) and the resulting stone is dropped on the ground.
2. When a belt is placed on top of any item on the ground the item is placed on top of the belt and not pushed to the side or picked up.
3. Then u have stone on a belt that shouldn't have stone on it and the whole thing grinds to a halt.

I expect these two things are currently working as intended but combined together they produce a bug that is really annoying, particularly when the stone ends up hidden in a UG belt.

Possible solutions:
1. Make it so the stone is picked up by the bot / player rather than placed on the belt.
2. Push the stone out of the way.
3. Stop sandy rocks that are destroyed by weapons from dropping stone.

kbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Placing a bp with shift click results in unexpected stone on some belts.

Post by kbk »

Stevetrov wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:54 pm
This only, and just for "consistency" reasons: it does not break anything, and is already works this way with trees, which yield no wood when destroyed any other way except mining (including bot mining). Other suggestions are literally near impossible to implement.

However, this entire quirk is quite funny to me. You flood the belts with stone you forgot to clean up earlier and then you can't help but yell at yourself every time this happens. Ain't it what brings some pepper into a game? I'd keep it this way.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Stevetrov wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:54 pm
Possible solutions:
1. Make it so the stone is picked up by the bot / player rather than placed on the belt.
2. Push the stone out of the way.
4. Use deconstruction planner to clear rocks/ground items before placing blueprint

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factoruser »

invisus wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:15 pm
Use deconstruction planner to clear rocks/ground items before placing blueprint
👍

The game should not become over-automized, so that you are just watching a facility city growing on its own. Some obstacles in the way are good.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”