Train Visualization Persistance

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Train Visualization Persistance

Post by csduff »

TL;DR
Keep the train visualization for a few seconds.
What ?
I would like to see the train visualization when highlighting a station or signal persist for a few seconds after moving the cursor away. Alternatively, if a signal is in hand, keep the last visualization on screen (maybe in a different colour) until a signal is placed or the hand is cleared.
Why ?
Often times, when setting up a new train stop or intersection, I would like to place my signals precisely. Doing so currently means either blueprinting specific spacing, or highlighting a station/signal and locating the position you want, then placing the signal without being to see the previous signal's visualization, then highlighting the original signal/station to verify your new signal's position is correct. If the original signal/station's visual persisted, it would eliminate the approximation.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train Visualization Persistance

Post by ssilk »

+1

What should happen if you move the signal? Should that visualization immediatelly change to the new position or should it "blend over" ?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by csduff »

To clarify, I would like to have a signal's/station's train visualization stay highlighted while a signal is in hand for a few seconds (maybe 5), until the hand is cleared, another signal is highlighted, or the signal is placed.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

It could also help to just always have the train length visualization in both directions. Until either max visualization length or the next train station/signal is hit.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”