[Editor] Wishlist of possible features for the editor

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Editor] Wishlist of possible features for the editor

Post by raiguard »

You know, I 100% didn't even think about that. I never considered that one would ever use the map editor in multiplayer... When no tools are open it works fine (since the buttons are the same height as the quickbar), but when you're using a tool... dang. I guess top-left is the only choice.

A much simpler solution would be to add a map editor button that looks and acts like it's part of the mod GUI button flow (scoot the actual flow to the right). Then add a close button to the map editor GUI, like so:
map editor close button.png
map editor close button.png (72.64 KiB) Viewed 766 times
So the editor GUI will stay where it is, and no substantial GUI redesign is required for it to work. If you don't want it to be there, you can close it, then you can access it again through the button. Adding a hotkey to show/hide the window would also be fantastic.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

I wish I had noticed this before 1.0, but someone on the Discord pointed out to me that the resources editor doesn't have an "area" tool. I would like to request that this be added to bring it more in line with the tiles editor. Perhaps a paint bucket can be added as well, though that's less important. Thanks!

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

A small request... could the infinity inventory filters be updated to use a similar GUI to infinity containers? That way, they would be positioned underneath the inventory instead of next to it, fixing the train GUI alignment problems, among other things.
2020-08-28 22_58_07-Factorio 1.0.0.png
2020-08-28 22_58_07-Factorio 1.0.0.png (16.45 KiB) Viewed 634 times
As an aside, having a "trash slot" for quickly getting rid of items would be really nice!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”