[0.17.62] Signal Latency

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

thriem
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.62] Signal Latency

Post by thriem »

TL;DR
Train-Stations enabled by a signal (i.e. Decider) which also triggers a Circuit condition of a Train, causes the train to skip this station, if this is (usually) the next stop.
Why?
I use deciders on Train-Staitons to determine if it makes sense for a train to come. And this for basically anything mass produced - maybe even multiple trains.
So a scedule looks like that
  1. Iron Ore Supply (until full)
  2. Train station (until circuit condition (iron ore > 0))
  3. Iron Ore Demad (until empty)
Thing is, i have multiple melteries - so to have them all enabled is not an option, because otherwise it would fill just the closest meltery (and similar with other stuff).
The stations have chests to buffer, which read their contents which then again is determined by a decider if a threshold is reached. So once the signal is lit, via Red-Wires (which i use for local logic networks) the trainstation enables and via the green wire (which is "globally" used) the train is triggered. Also, i can not think of anything else what would help (except adding more parts/deciders to create an artifical latency - which i want to avoid because things are very narrows as it is). I tried to add Trainstation a 2nd time, but then it leaves the station and circles to another, which is better than skipping it entirely, but still not useful - since the trainstations are busy anyways - the stations as well as the rails.
What?
I'd see 2 things
  1. Add some ticks for the Circuit condition of trians.
  2. An additional Train Condition, like a timer how long all conditions must be true.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.62] Signal Latency

Post by gGeorg »

I am trying to understand what you say.
It looks to me that you would like to create a delay circuit, but dont know how to handle combinators?

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.62] Signal Latency

Post by Darinth »

This is honestly a little difficult to understand. Just enabling and disabling train stations is 'sufficient' to get trains to them on demand. I *think* you're trying to use circuits to resolve the 'herd of trains' problem where all available trains will immediately leave and all head for the same station as soon as it becomes available. If that's the case, there are several suggestions that have been made to resolve the issue. My favorite amongst them is just being able to limit how many trains a station is designed to accommodate (how many trains can be allowed to path to a station + be at the station).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”