Corsair iCue Support

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SkyOnForums
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Corsair iCue Support

Post by SkyOnForums »

TL;DR
Add support for the Corsair iCue RGB Peripheral Engine

What ?
There is already support for Logitech, and Razer, so why not add the third engine, iCue? A lot of people use Corsair keyboards, and mice, and all sorts of other RGB peripherals using iCue. This would add great enjoyment to Factorio because iCue on it's own is rather limited, and has no support in the program for situations inside of games. The most iCue can see is whether or not a game is running. Thats it.
Why ?
I think that it would increase the value of Factorio as a game because it would increase the number of supported peripherals with the game.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Corsair iCue Support

Post by posila »

Corsair's SDK is made in a way that we would have to link and distribute their DLL and load it always, as opposed to game loading API only and only if there is Corsair software already installed on users' computer. That's why we have not done it.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

In the same vein, is there any way to allow Factorio to interact with a user-supplied RGB engine?

jojo1541
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jojo1541 »

Sorry for digging this out, but I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

Is support for icue planned for the foreseeable future?
Wrapping with Aurora doesn't really work and after seeing the cool effects you guys made, I would love to have them for my keyboard, too.

Edit:
As an Idea:
Maybe make it so users can place the needed DLLs for icue support next to their executable manually.
So you would just need to check if the dll is present. This way you wouldn't need to distribute and load a whole dll all the time.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

/necro

Supposedly, Aurora does cross-platform RGB.

Per Reddit, /u/saors: https://old.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _factorio/
I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get my Factorio RGB to work with my corsair keyboard, so I went researching and found this software called Aurora which has added support for Factorio directly thanks to some requests from other Factorio players.

The software essentially connects with iCue (if you're using a corsair keyboard) and translates the Razer RGB commands to your keyboard.

Just in case someone hasn't seen it yet!

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

also on Linux there's ckb-next which provides support for Corsair keyboards, and it is open-source.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”