New Use For Plastic

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

New Use For Plastic

Post by Hindenobyl »

As it stands the only use for plastic is in advanced circuits and tank shells. The tank shells don't really make sense to me, but I've never worked in a munitions factory so I just may be ignorant. At any rate, the newest use of plastic for tank shells tells me the devs want to use plastics to make more things so my suggestion is plastic pipes for the sulfuric acid. Right now we use iron to make pipes and then pump acid through them, which seems like a great way to just dissolve pipes. Plastic doesn't, or if it does it's really rare, react with acids. The only real point of adding this would be another use for plastic and adds a touch or realism to the game.

Probably not something that would or needs to be added soon, but maybe something to put on a sticky note to keep in mind when polishing for a final version.

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New Use For Plastic

Post by Night_Ange1 »

I like the idea of a new use for plastics. I use the center bus method for my factory and thought plastic was a major component, because of how widely used it is in the real world. Sad to say I ran one line about midways to advance circuits and then had a long useless buffer. I would like to see a new use for plastic and if PVC pipes is the way to go it works for me.

Other suggestions
-Capsules (what is actually holding all those different things?)
-Processing Units (We use plastic for the advance why not these too?)

That's all I have off the top of my head. But +1 for the pipes

Melfish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Melfish »

Thinking of it, having a larger need for plastic would be fun to play with.
Just imagine a need for crude oil barrels :lol:

What if modules also cost like 5 plastic, would really want to know the impact of that...

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

Melfish wrote:Thinking of it, having a larger need for plastic would be fun to play with.
Just imagine a need for crude oil barrels :lol:

What if modules also cost like 5 plastic, would really want to know the impact of that...
They do already, through advanced circuits.

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hindenobyl »

Night_Ange1 wrote:Other suggestions
-Capsules (what is actually holding all those different things?)
I like this idea, but the existing capsules seem pretty well balanced. Maybe if they add new ones to the game. An upgraded poison capsule needing plastic, sulfuric acid, and water comes to mind. Also the idea of the destroyer bots being lugged around in a big grocery bag seems a bit too undignified for such an awesome item :lol:

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Night_Ange1 »

Was thinking more along the lines of Capsule Corp from DBZ on my capsules :P
Capsule

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hindenobyl »

Lol. That would explain why we can carry trains, tanks, and 50 factories in our pockets with room to spare. Props on the out of the box thinking there.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I don't like the idea of new uses for the most used oil product. We really need a good use for light oil and / or an additional use for heavy oil.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hindenobyl »

I agree with you Nova. This is why I suggested it as more of a finishing touch thing to be added much later down the road. I'm operating on the assumption that because oil is a newer addition than most things in the game, all of the intended uses for the various products haven't been added yet. If we never get any more uses for light and heavy oil, then I agree, plastic pipes would be a silly thing to add, but if when the game is finished and 1/2 the things in the game use products from all 3 oil fractions, why not have plastic pipes for a touch of realism?

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

PVC Floor ? would be cool to or ? Like if u can make an Floor with the Plastic or something else :) :idea:
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”