Don't block movement when D+Alt is pressed

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Don't block movement when D+Alt is pressed

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Alt+D is the shortcut to get a new deconstruction planner, but when running east and you press Alt to toggle the overlay it stops you until you release the Alt key. Not a major issue, but it's noticeable and slightly jarring. Please make D+Alt toggle the overlay seamlessly like before.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Don't block movement when D+Alt is pressed

Post by darkfrei »

Why shortcuts Alt+D and D+Alt are same? The D+Alt must be east moving + "Alt mode" switching, but not shortcut.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

darkfrei wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:27 am
Why shortcuts Alt+D and D+Alt are same? The D+Alt must be east moving + "Alt mode" switching, but not shortcut.
Because all software sucks, and as a rule, very few things expose the difference between the two. Also, very few players think of them as different. :)

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

slippycheeze wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:19 pm
Because all software sucks, and as a rule, very few things expose the difference between the two. Also, very few players think of them as different. :)
The Alt+Tab and Tab+Alt are complete different combinations in windows.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

darkfrei wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:21 pm
slippycheeze wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:19 pm
The Alt+Tab and Tab+Alt are complete different combinations in windows.
I had never noticed that, so today I learned. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I feel like "I saw windows 1, and didn't notice it in any year since then" supports my case more than disproves it. ;)

Seriously, though, I see your point, and I'm happy to own that I'm now far less confident I'm right on the last point than I was before. Perhaps lots of players don't *think* they are different, but they do understand without thinking that they are different, and expect different outcomes.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Alt+D and D+Alt are different, because they produce different results. If they were the same, I would expect to get a deconstruction planner when I press D and then Alt, but I don't. I just stop moving (and then the overlay is toggled when I release Alt).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”